Small Grants – UK and Africa
The Trustees welcome unsolicited applications for their small grants programmes, both in the UK and in Africa. Trustees are keen to make these programmes available to as many organisations as possible; it is therefore unlikely that they will fund any organisation in consecutive years.
The small grants programme is broken down into two categories: UK and Africa.
The Trustees are committed to supporting a large number of excellent local organisations and projects that work with disabled children and their families on a daily basis. This is done through the Trust’s small grants programme. It provides grants of up to £10,000 to help smaller organisations develop and deliver programmes for children, their siblings and families. It is open to applications at any time. Grants in this category are usually one-off contributions rather than multi-year grants for on-going revenue costs.
The Trustees are particularly keen to support:
- Hydrotherapy pools.
- Multi-sensory rooms.
- Mini buses.
- Young carers projects.
- Sibling projects.
- Bereavement support.
- Specialised play equipment.
Please note the following:
- This programme is for UK organisations and projects only.
- The programme is unable to provide support to local authorities.
- Trustees are keen to make the grant programme available to as many organisations as possible; it is therefore unlikely that they will fund organisations in consecutive years.
- Applications will only be considered once every 12 months, whether or not the organisation has been successful in receiving funding from The True Colours Trust.
- Organisations wishing to apply must adhere to the Trust’s safeguarding policy which can be found here
Upon submission of your application you will receive an acknowledgement letter or email. If you do not hear from us within twelve weeks of the date of this acknowledgement please accept that the Trustees, with regret, have not been able to make a grant in response to your appeal. You will not receive a letter explaining that your application has been unsuccessful.
The Trustees of the True Colours Trust have set aside funds towards a small grants programme to support the development of palliative care across Africa. All work supported by this programme must adhere to the WHO definition of palliative care.
All funding decisions are made by the Trustees of the True Colours Trust, who meet twice a year to review applications. Applications and approved grants are administered by the African Palliative Care Association. Funding is primarily for one-off projects, although the Trustees are willing to consider funding for core costs. The size of grants ranges from £500 – £5,000.
Trustees favour support for items which directly improve the patient experience and the standard of palliative care services. Priority is given to the following, in no particular order:
- Equipment for patients.
- Palliative care for children and young people.
- Palliative care medicines.
- Capital improvement costs.
- Increasing access to palliative care in rural areas.
- Training courses for palliative care service providers held in Africa.
Application forms are downloadable from APCA’s website and completed applications should be sent directly to APCA at email@example.com. If you have any questions about the form, please contact Pamela Kalema at APCA (firstname.lastname@example.org) who will be happy to support you during the application process.